Jarom’s Work at KKOS Lawyers
- For over a decade, I have focused my practice on helping clients save taxes, protect their assets, raise business capital, navigate self-directing their retirement, and ensure their loved ones are taken care of after they pass away. My clients are entrepreneurs, small business owners, and real estate investors from all across the country and all walks of life.
- I have formed thousands of business entities and other structures (including LLCs, corporations, and asset protection trusts) to protect clients’ assets and save on taxes. As a tax attorney, I know the tips and tricks to ensure you aren’t handing over more to Uncle Sam than necessary.
- I have assisted dozens of clients in negotiating the maze of legally raising business and investment capital through private placement offerings under Regulation D and other rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and various states.
- I also help clients take charge of their retirement investments by advising them on tax and legal issues related to the use of Self-Directed IRAs and Solo 401ks, as well as the proper use of LLCs owned by those retirement accounts.
- I have led hundreds of clients through the process of drafting trusts, wills, and other estate planning documents to facilitate order and certainty in what can be difficult end-of-life medical and financial decisions, as well as the transfer of assets to chosen heirs upon death.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor (2008)
- Brigham Young University, BA, Communications (2004)
- Nevada (inactive)
Outside of KKOS
- I speak and teach on subjects related to my practice, and I am a licensed Continuing Education Instructor for Realtors in the State of Utah. I have presented to Realtor groups, real estate investors, and farming and ranching families throughout Utah and beyond.
- I am also a children’s author. My first book, Why Do Witches Wear Black?, is available for purchase on Amazon, and a read-along video of the book is available on YouTube.
- I enjoy playing golf, supporting BYU sports and the Denver Broncos, playing fantasy football, taking in the natural beauty of Southern Utah, and spending time with my wonderful wife and three young children.