Darren’s Work at KKOS Lawyers
- Cryptocurrency taxation and asset protection strategies for cryptocurrency is my main area of focus at KKOS. My work with cryptocurrency often includes the implementation of various capital gains strategies and the creation of necessary business entities to save on taxes and provide asset protection.
- Real estate tax strategies and asset protection comprises a large portion of my remaining work at KKOS. I have assisted many clients to establish the proper entities and asset protection strategies to not only protect their real estate investments but also to provide them with an ideal structure for the many tax savings that are available to those who invest in real estate.
- Prior to joining the KKOS family, I worked as an engineer at Hyundai-Kia and represented clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a registered patent attorney. As an engineer and a patent attorney, I had the opportunity to work on projects involving the development of software applications and various encoding methods. My experience in and understanding of
these concepts continues to help as I apply the existing tax laws to various new and upcoming cryptocurrency projects and investments.
- Michigan State University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Brigham Young University Idaho, BS, Mechanical Engineering
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney
Outside of KKOS
- Guest speaker for The Crypto Tax Summit, The Business Owner’s Workshop, and The Directed IRA Podcast.
- I enjoy spending time snowboarding, playing golf, and spending time with my wife and our three boys.